"If you re-elect people who have committed these wrongs against us … then we may have to simply kill them!"
"Hal Turner describes himself as "outspoken, opinionated and brutally blunt." The biography on his website says he was a registered Republican until this month, when he changed his registration to unaffiliated."
... he is also a terrible example of the mixture of bits of truth with visceral hate.
All people who care deeply about this country will, from time to time, get angry at his/her "representatives" in Congress. This fellow goes completely off the deep end. He speaks of problems with the government (the following are his words, not mine) :
- curtailment of political speech through campaign finance law restrictions;
- killing innocent people in Iraq;
- that members of Congress don't read the legislation they pass;
- that elected officials ignore the will of the people;
- that politicians lie to get themselves elected;
- spending is breaking the nation's financial back;
- disapproves of USA Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act of 2006;
- eminent domain ruling jeopardizing property rights.
... I'm sure all of us could add or subtract from this list. But, we have a long, long way to go before arms are taken up against our own. Get involved in the local campaigns of your Congressional and Senatorial candidates to effect change, write letters and emails voicing your opinion to all of your elected officials, start a Blog!
... Remember, our Founding Fathers gave us means to "alter and abolish" a government we deem anti-American. Let's start with a grass roots Constitutional Convention, for example. We SHOULD NOT go directly to the most basic implication of the Second Amendment - the armed overthrow of our own!