Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Are the Europeans dead weight?

Secretary of State, Condoleeza Rice has been in Europe reassuring our wonderful allies in the "War on Terror" that the United States does not torture people.

She has been reminding them that some of the information obtained from the terrorists was used to prevent terror attacks on them.

She has also pointed out that the leaders of the various Euro countries have been informed of our actions all along.

Are the Europeans a lost cause? Sometimes, I think so. Other times, I wonder if they're worth the effort.

2 comments:

Tiger said...

Australia, England & the good ole U.S.A. Poland is a good one. They helped us tremendously in "little" Belgium, during WW2.

... hmmmm. Yep! Europe is a dead weight!

Mary said...

Hi, Whit!

I really like your blog. I'll add you to my links.

I think Condi is doing a great job. She's telling the Europeans what they need to hear, rather than what they might want to hear.

Old Europe needs a wake up call. With allies like them, who needs an axis of evil?

New Europe, on the other hand, has been receptive, particularly Poland. Definitely worth the effort.