Thursday, December 22, 2005

"When I hear that any Iraqi has been hurt, it hurts me too" - Saddam Hussein

Saddam Hussein's trial for 1982 killing of 148 people in Dujail continues in Baghdad with Saddam revealing his "soft side" Thursday.
"When I hear that any Iraqi has been hurt, it hurts me too," Saddam Hussein said in reponse to torture testimony.

He repeated claims that he had suffered wounds in beatings, and said it took eight months for some of the injuries to heal. The US had previously dismissed this torture claims as "preposterous". Thursday, Saddam said the US could not be believed. He cited its pre-war claims that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, and the fact that none were found. "We don't lie. It is the White House that lies," he told the court.

On Wednesday, he claimed, "I have been hit by the Americans and tortured."
"I have been beaten on every place of my body and the signs are all over my body,"he said.
His defense seems to be incorporating a tactic of the Left. Well, why not? Ramzi Clark does represent him. I've noticed that whenever you hear some leftist making an accusation, you can be pretty sure the leftist is guilty of that very thing which he is accusing others of.

1 comment:

Tiger said...

Al-Ramzi - phooey!

... just another Al-Qaeda-like Clinton lap dog!