Tuesday, January 02, 2007

When "Conservatives" Collide

... I have to admit to a weakness I have. On New Years Day yesterday I was watching TCM's (Turner Classic Movies) marathon of 1950's Classic Sci-Fi. I love those old movies! I'm a guy who grew up on classic science fiction and fantasy. You know, the real stuff; H.G. Wells, Heinlein, Asimov, Burroughs; the "oldies". You see, to me, Star Wars, and all that came after is simply a rip-off of the classics.

2007 has started off with howling laughter! While President Bush has already surrendered to the Democrats, his fellow "conservatives", for lack of a better word, are at each other's throats. Since it has become a reality that "conservatives" cannot fight their political enemies or radical Islam very well, they've taken to in-fighting. Here's a few examples:

Michael Medved Loses His Cool Over North America Union

Medved uses his Townhall.com piece to launch into an emotionally charged diatribe against what he calls "a shameless collection of lunatics and losers; crooks, cranks, demagogues, and opportunists” who are whipping up a “mounting hysteria over the looming menace of a ‘North American Union."

Bob Novak has an article about Republicans against the "Surge"

President Bush and McCain, the front-runner for the next presidential nomination, in pressing for a surge of 30,000 more troops, will have trouble finding support from more than 12 out of 49 Republican senators. "It's Alice in Wonderland," Sen. Chuck Hagel, second-ranking Republican on the Foreign Relations Committee, told me in describing the proposed surge. "I'm absolutely opposed to sending any more troops to Iraq. It is folly."

... and,

A writer for Human Events says President Ford, fresh in his grave for heaven's sake, was the last R.I.N.O. President! (did I miss something, or is Bush still alive?!?)

... for the next two years and beyond ... we are in real danger! Where's John Carter when you need him?

No comments: