OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, has proposed new rules that would dramatically effect the storage and transportation of all ammunition, hand-loading components (such as primers), and black and smokeless powders used in reloading and muskets.
All of these materials would be indiscriminately treated the same as high explosives. THIS WOULD MEAN THAT YOU CAN OWN ALL THE GUNS YOU WANT, BUT COULD NOT PURCHASE OR STORE THE BULLETS FOR THEM! This would happen because the proposed rule changes from the Bush administration, would:
- Prohibit possession of firearms in "commercial facilities containing 'explosives'" - an obvious problem for your local gun store. (Remember, ammunition would be declared as 'explosives')
- Require evacuation of ALL FACILITIES containing 'explosives' - even your local Wal-mart - during an electrical storm. (How long would store owners and customers put up with this before all ammo and powder come off the shelves? - Not to mention gun store location? - You can't have that store here!)
- Prohibit smoking and even the possession of flammable mechanisms (matches, lighters, Whit - after he's had that bean burrito!) within 50 feet of facilities containing 'explosives'.
- End shipment of 'explosives' by FedEx, UPS, and all other delivery services. (many gun enthusiasts buy their ammo and primers from Internet sites because it's cheaper)
- A ban on all "spark producing or flaming devices" within any facility containing 'explosives'. (say goodbye to your Gunsmith!)
- A ban on all "cleaning solvent" materials within any facility containing 'explosives'. (almost all gun and metal cleaners contain solvent!)
- Limit display of powder and primers to 21-pound containers and 10,000 primers.
Please go to the OSHA website now, search for Docket Number OSHA-2007-0032 (use Advanced Search) and lodge a complaint/comment about these proposed rule changes! The document explains how to email or fax a comment.
And, DON'T EVER TRY TO TELL ME G.W. BUSH IS A CONSERVATIVE!
...Associated WND article...